Black Hole Update Returns

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

As I was browsing the internet on my favourite social network, a popup decided to appear notifying me that I have a new update. I found it a bit suspicious that Microsoft was sending an update in the middle of the month.



The description is as follows:

Supposedly, this update will enable SP1 of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 to be installed on said machines. After installing this update, upon restart, my computer completely froze. Thinking this is a virus, I scan my computer with Avast, along with Microsoft Security Essentials 2.0. The results were unsatisfying. No virus was found.

So, me being the computer whiz I am, I decided to reinstall not even thinking that I had just installed that update. Upon reinstall, I also installed this KB976902 Update with it. When I restart my computer, another freeze. This became very frustrating.

System restore did the trick and I realized the problem was the update itself.

 There is little to no info on this update.

I have one suggestion...DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE!

0 Blogger:

Post a Comment

 
Computer Software is Your Friend © 2012 | Designed by Bubble Shooter, in collaboration with Reseller Hosting , Forum Jual Beli and Business Solutions